Salesforce — Introductory Guide
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution that brings companies and customers together. It’s one integrated CRM platform that gives all your departments — including marketing, sales, commerce, and service — a single, shared view of every customer.
What is SaaS?
SaaS, an abbreviation for Software-as-a-Service, is the new way of distributing and selling software. It is based on the cloud, so there is no need for the physical distribution of the software.
Why CRM is important??
A CRM system is important to all customer-facing employees, including sales, customer support, account management, even receptionists.
What is the difference between classic and lighting?
The difference between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning is the user interface. The latter provides its users with a much better user experience. Enhanced security is included in Salesforce lightning. Lightning is a Salesforce feature that allows you to quickly access information It’s a modern edition of Salesforce, and some of the advantages of using it include the ability to select the kind of view we want for our website, such as laptop, smartphone, or phone. It is also faster than the previous edition.
How to create an developer account in salesforce?
Steps to create an developer account
1. Go to http://developer.salesforce.com
2. Now click Sign Up
3. Fill all details with valid Email Address
4. An Email will be sent to your Email Address
5. Click the link provided in Email and set password.
6. Now you are able to login with salesforce developer account.
7. Go to https://login.salesforce.com
8. Enter your Username and Password click on Login.
How to create a customized webapp?
- Everything in salesforce is known as App
- Steps to create a customized webapp: Go to app manager -> Click on create new -> And now you can create your app as you want
- When we create an app they ask us for user profiles. As salesforce is used by multiple teams (sales, marketing, director, manager, etc) in a company. So here we can specify which team can access this app
What is tab, utilities and roles?
- User profiles is like a Roles that we can assign
- A tab is used to create object records.
- Object is like a template that enclose multiple items
- Utility provides the users fast access to common tools of productivity.
- Roles can control the visibility of your Salesforce data for users.
- Salesforce follows the RBAC concept in the access to the application. By default, the one who created the salesforce account is the root user and system admin
How to use salesforce?
We can simply visit salesforce.com and sign up for the trial and start using it.
What is force.com?
Force.com, allows admins and developers to create websites and applications into the main Salesforce.com application. Force.com platform is the world’s first Platform as a Service(PaaS)provided by salesforce.com which enables developers to create and delivery any kind of Application without using any software in the cloud.
What is Heroku?
- The Heroku Platform is part of the Salesforce Platform. Heroku is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that is built on Cloud platform to enable enterprises to deploy, run, manage and scale applications that runs across enterprises.
What is Lightning App Builder?
Salesforce Lightning App builder is a drag and drop environment that provides administrator to create lightning pages using standard and custom lightning components. In Lightning App Builder, we can use graphical interfaces to create Salesforce lighting pages.
What is Fuel?
The Fuel SDKs are wrappers around Fuel’s APIs that enable developers to integrate with those APIs using native language constructs.
What do you mean by Actions Developer Guide and Lightning Component?
Actions Developer Guide is an official guide from Salesforce where we can find the descriptions of all the Salesforce components and how to use them. Actions allow you to build custom development tools for Lightning Platform applications. Actions are about “getting things done” in Salesforce. They encapsulate a piece of logic that allows a user to perform some work, such as sending email. When an action runs, it saves changes in your organization by updating the database.
The Lightning Component framework is a UI framework for developing single page applications for mobile and desktop devices. Salesforce Lightning includes the Lightning Component Framework and some exciting tools for developers. Lightning makes it easier to build responsive applications for any device.
Key resources for CRM module.
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a technology for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers. The key resources for the CRM module are Customer Service, Sales Force Automation, Lead Management, Marketing, Workflow Automation.
Explain about Creating trailblazer app and it’s usage.
When you create an app, you automatically create a data object. In Salesforce, we call that data object a custom object.
- Steps for creating trailblazer app, we will be building a simple app without writing a single line of code:
1. Click Gear icon to access Setup in Lightning Experience and select Setup. This launches Setup in a new tab.
2. Click the Object Manager tab next to Home.
3. Click Create and select Custom Object.
4. Define the new custom object as follows:
Plural Label: Waypoints
Object Name: Waypoint
5. Under Optional Features, select Allow Reports and Allow Activities.
6. Click Save.
7. In Setup, click Home.
8. Enter Tabs in Quick Find and select Tabs.
9. Under Custom Object Tabs, click New.
10. Create a new tab as follows:
Tab Style: select any icon
11. Leave all defaults as is. Click Next, Next, and Save.
12. In Setup, click Home.
13. Enter App Manager in Quick Find and select App Manager.
14. Click New Lightning App.
15. Define the new Lightning app as follows:
App Name: Trailblazer
Developer Name: Trailblazer
16. Click Next.
17. On the App Options screen, leave the defaults as is and click Next.
18. On the Utility Items screen, leave the defaults as is and click Next.
19. On the Navigation Items screen, select Home, Chatter, Waypoints, Reports, and Dashboards and move them to the Selected Items box. Then click Next.
20. On the Assign to User Profiles screen, select System Administrator and move it to Selected Profiles. Then click Save & Finish.
- We get many functionalities with the trailblazer app such as Database to organize information, Security for protecting data and defining access across your organization, Business logic to carry out particular tasks under certain conditions, User interface to expose data and functionality, Highly customizable mobile app, Analytics and dashboards for viewing your data in meaningful ways, Multiple APIs to integrate with external systems, Ability to install or create third-party apps etc.
Explain about Creating travel lightning approval app and it’s usage.
- Creating travel lightning approval app:
1.In your Trailhead Playground, click the gear icon and then select Setup.
2.In the Quick Find box, enter App Manager and select App Manager.
3.Click New Lightning App.
4.In the App Details & Branding window, enter these details.
For App Name, enter Travel App.
For the Image, click Upload and select travel.png from the files you downloaded above.
6.On the App Options screen, select Standard navigation and click Next.
7.On the Utility Items screen, click Next
8.On the Navigation Items screen, select Chatter, Reports, and Dashboards from the Available Items list, and move them to the Selected Items list using the arrow. Then click Next.
9.On the User Profiles screen, select System Administrator and add it to Selected Profiles, then click Save & Finish.
- The usage of travel lightning approval app:
•Each employee must submit an electronic request in the system for future travel.
•Each request includes a list of estimated expenses for airfare, hotel, rental car, and so on.
•Each request must be approved by the employee’s manager, and all out-of-state travel must be approved by a travel coordinator.
•Managers need reports and dashboards to track key travel request trends and KPIs.
•In addition, employees and managers must be able to access their travel requests, approvals, and dashboards via mobile device.
Explain marketing cloud basics.
- Salesforce for Marketing is built on the world’s #1 CRM platform. It enables you to know your customer, personalize with intelligence, and engage across the entire journey. It’s the only integrated customer engagement platform that enables you to deliver personalized customer engagement at scale on every channel, from email to web, mobile, social, and digital advertising. Marketing Cloud covers it all.
- It can do things like:
•Connect known and unknown profiles to gain a unified view of the customer.
•Leverage data and Einstein artificial intelligence to make every interaction relevant.
•Create two-way, real-time engagement when and where the customer wants.
•Measure, report, and optimize on marketing performance, impact, and customer loyalty.
Describe the customer success platform.
Customer success platform is typically enforced by software that offers a unified, 360-degree perspective on the entirety of your customer data pulled and joined from outsider applications like email, CRM administrations, live talk, client care ticket, and some more.
The Salesforce Customer Success Platform is the official name of the Salesforce portfolio of products.